The Trophies of “Défi H” were awarded for 3rd consecutive year
Sogeti France, 100% subsidiary of Capgemini Group, has once again presented the award “Défi H”, in partnership with Le Monde Informatique, rewarding innovation for professional integration and remarkable work achieved by the competing teams.
Paris, May 21st, 2014 - The 3rd edition of “Défi H” was carried out yesterday, Tuesday 20th May, with the awards ceremony in the presence of Madame Geneviève Fioraso, Secretary of State for Higher Education and Research, and sponsored by Axel Leblois, honorary member of the Défi H, founder and director of G3ict, the United Nations program for the promotion of digital accessibility. This challenge rewarded the technological values promoted by the French students of IT business schools, involved in these innovations to support disability.
“I am very pleased to give my patronage to the “Défi H” this year. I would like to both congratulate the organizers of this event, Sogeti France and Le Monde Informatique, and also congratulate the students who have chosen to raise the intellectual challenge, technological, digital and human that was offered to them.
As Secretary of State for Higher Education and Research, I am naturally sensitive to the importance of this competition which brings together students and managers. Such projects enable the schools and universities on the one hand and companies on the other, to act in favor of a fairer society." Genevieve FIORASO, Secretary of State for Higher Education and Research.
In the presence of Serve Haroche, Nobel Prize Laureate in Physics in 2012, head of Collège de France and CNRS gold medallist in 2009, three teams were awarded by the “Défi H” Trophy jury:
- “DEFI H” 2014 Trophy Prize was awarded to the Wink and Talk team, ECE Paris, in partnership with ALIS (Association of Locked-in-Syndrom). The communication tool created is designed for people affected by the Locked-in-Syndrom (incapable of moving except for eyelids and fingers). It adapts to the motor skills of the user.
- Innovation Award rewarded the Handilight ESEME SUDRIA Paris team, in partnership with UEROS (Assessment unit reentrainment and social orientation). The prototype for the “luminotherapy” glasses allows awareness stimulation for people that have suffered a head injury.
- Special Jury Prize 2014 was awarded to the Handireport EPSI Bordeaux team in partnership with ADAPEI, an association for parents and friends of mentally handicapped individuals. Their web application allows a person with an ocular handicap to report his or her daily micro-events such as successes and difficulties.
As a special recognition of their performance, two members of the winning team from “Wink and Talk, ECE Paris” have been invited to participate in the 3rd season of the Capgemini Super Techies Show in India. This international reality TV game show gives technology professionals and students an opportunity to craft solutions to real business challenges of global organizations. Contestants on the show have the opportunity to engage with leaders from global organizations, work with Capgemini experts and compete for a cash prize. Team “Wink and Talk, ECE Paris” will travel to India to compete against other global teams.
“We have networks of excellence in digital, in France. The goal of the “Défi H” is to encourage engineering students to develop innovative solutions with experts from Sogeti. This Trophy, enables the professional integration of people with disabilities, allowing them to understand the potential of a project - proposing new uses in response to a social need” adds Christophe Bonnard, CEO of Sogeti
- L’ADAPT (ADAPT)
- EXECO (http://execo-france.fr/)
- LA FONDATION GARCHES (THE GARCHES FOUNDATION)
- TREMPLIN – Études, Handicap, Entreprises - Studies, Disability,Enterprises
Sogeti France and Le Monde Informatique are launching the 4th edition of “Défi H”. The students who wish to compete must submit their applications from September 16 2014. For more information, please visit www.defih.com.
Sogeti is a leading provider of technology and software testing, specializing in Application, Infrastructure and Engineering Services. Sogeti offers cutting-edge solutions around Testing, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Mobile, Cloud and Cyber Security, combining world class methodologies and its global delivery model, Rightshore®. Sogeti brings together more than 20,000 professionals in 15 countries and has a strong local presence in over 100 locations in Europe, USA and India. Sogeti is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cap Gemini S.A., listed on the Paris Stock Exchange. For more information, please visit www.sogeti.com and www.fr.sogeti.com.
About Le Monde Informatique
Le Monde Informatique is a brand of IT News Info group, the 1st media group of information and services dedicated to IT professionals. Created in 1981, LeMondeInformatique.fr is now the leading website in France for IT professionals. IT News Info is also : cio-online.com, reseaux-telecoms.net, distributique.com as well as a conference centre with more than 20 events organised for IT decision-makers and managers. Finally, IT News Info is a subsidiary of Adthink Media and IDG Corp Groups.
Further information on : www.itnewsinfo.com
- Anne BaylacPress Contact, Sogeti France
+ 33 1 55 00 12 36
Anne BaylacPress Contact, Sogeti France
+ 33 1 55 00 12 36
Tel.: + 33 (0)1 41 97 04 89
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org