6 Benefits and 9 Risks You Need to Know about Cloud Computing
We know that cloud computing is “the new normal” just like virtualization was in the past. And we also know that the adoption of cloud computing by your organization can come with a series of benefits including:
- Reduced IT costs: You can reduce both CAPEX and OPEX when moving to the cloud.
- Scalability: In this fast changing world it is important to be able to scale up or down your solutions depending on the situation and your needs without having to purchase or install hardware or upgrades all by yourself.
- Business continuity: when you store data in the cloud, you ensure it is backed-up and protected which in turn helps with your continuity plan cause in the event of a crisis you’ll be able to minimize any downtime and loss of productivity.
- Collaboration: Cloud services allow you share files and communicate with employees and third-parties in this highly globalized world and in a timely manner.
- Flexibility: Cloud computing allows employees to be more flexible in their work practices cause it’s simpler to access data from home or virtually any place with an internet connection.
- Automatic updates: When consuming SaaS you’ll be using the latest version of the product avoiding the pain and expensive costs associated with software or hardware upgrades.
But once you ask yourself: what can possibly go wrong? You open your eyes to a “cloudy weather” where you must [...]
To read the whole post and interact, please visit the SogetiLabs blog: 6 Benefits and 9 Risks You Need to Know about Cloud Computing