Capgemini joins forces with DIOTA to offer augmented reality services...
... as part of its Digital Manufacturing offering
Paris, 2nd March 2017 – The Capgemini group, via its subsidiary Sogeti High Tech dedicated to industrial engineering and technological innovation, announces, as part of its Digital Manufacturing1 offering, the signature of a partnership with Diota, European leader in augmented reality software solutions for industry.
The only player on the augmented reality sector able to offer solutions directly connected to industrial information systems2, Diota boosts companies' performance thanks to:
- real-time support in complex human tasks with digital instructions
- process optimisation with the escalation of data from in-the-field observations
- reduction of errors and of industrial cycle times
- improvement of upskilling and sharing knowledge.
Diota technology is robust, accurate and without instrumentation. It works on three different types of media: tablets, the proprietary projection system developed by its teams, and 3D glasses (or other augmented reality system).
Capgemini and Diota can also offer players from the manufacturing industry an integrated offer of digital solutions based on augmented reality. As part of this agreement, Diota is proposing its augmented reality software and hardware solutions along with its expertise in rolling out augmented reality solutions in connection with the PLM system.
Capgemini provides its expertise in engineering to aid in-the-field operations on digital media, including augmented reality, and its ability to industrialise and roll out these solutions on a large scale, including:
- identification and prioritisation of uses, framing and construction of business cases,
- specification of solutions in line with customer requirements,
- development of specific features based on DIOTA products,
- engineering and testing of solutions,
- integration of solution in the client company's information system, installation of connectors with PLM and ERP solutions, development and configuration of back-office servers,
- securing of solutions,
- roll-out in the client environment,
- training of users,
- change support,
- post-roll-out client support.
For Jean-Pierre Petit, Director of the Digital Manufacturing offer at Capgemini: "In a profoundly changing sector where the need for innovation is essential, we are surrounding ourselves with the best specialists over the entire design and production chain. Diota is now one of our essential partners to manage complex industrial projects. We are planning to invest jointly in the coming years in designing, developing and marketing new solutions together".
With its Digital Manufacturing offer, Capgemini is helping companies improve their efficiency and their productivity via the construction of smart and connected factories and products. To deliver these services, the Group relies on its digital centre of excellence based in Mumbai (India), as well as on its three digital platforms in North America, France and Germany.
(1) - On 31 May 2016, Capgemini group launched a range of services dedicated to the digital transformation of industrial players
(2) - This means directly connected to the different business solutions (CRM: customer relations management - PLM: product lifecycle management - MES: manufacturing execution systems, etc.).
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Known for its cutting-edge Augmented Reality technologies, Diota allows large industrial players to increase their performance by closely associating digital data and human know-how. Its disruptive business-oriented solutions make the company an essential player in the digital factory and industrial competitiveness in France and in Europe among large industrial firms, notably in the aeronautics, rail, naval, automotive, energy and petrochemical sectors.
Further information: www.diota.com
- Hélène DelannetPR Manager
+33 1 49 67 31 25
Hélène DelannetPR Manager
+33 1 49 67 31 25