From stroll to sprint
A Race Against Time for Corporate Decarbonization.
A new joint research study from Capgemini Invent and non-profit CDP on the progress European companies are making on their path to net zero.
Extreme weather events and soaring energy prices have highlighted the inescapable need for companies to adapt for both climatic and economic reasons. As a result, companies must step up their efforts to reduce Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions to both future-proof their business, protect Europe’s energy sovereignty, and mitigate climate change. This is the only way to secure a better, sustainable future for everyone.
To find out how far European businesses have come in their decarbonization strategies and how much work is left to do, Capgemini Invent has partnered with non-profit CDP** in a new joint research study. Leveraging our knowledge and proven expertise on decarbonization, insights from the Capgemini Low Carbon Navigator tool, quantitative analysis from CDP’s 2019 and 2022 public datasets, and qualitative outputs from interviews with 7 selected companies from varied sectors, the in-depth analysis unlocks new insights on key questions such as:
- What trends are emerging in decarbonization transparency and how are organizations adopting science-based targets?
- Which emission hotspots are proving the biggest challenges and what actions should business take?
- How are organizations progressing across Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions reduction?
- Is renewable energy contributing to decarbonization strategies?
- Does sustainability action need to be at the expense of competitiveness?
From Stroll to Sprint: A Race Against Time for Corporate Decarbonization
European businesses are struggling to set impactful actions for important emissions hotspots with only 37% of Scope 3 emissions addressed by corporate decarbonization measures
Discover more interesting findings, download the report to learn more.