Software driven transformation
Putting customers at the heart of the mobility experience.
Exploring what is possible with software-driven transformation
OEMs are racing to establish their credentials for software-driven transformation (SDT). The frontrunners will gain a deeper, more relevant role in customers’ lives, and will be advantageously positioned for the forthcoming era of people-centered mobility.
Leaders in the race recognize the many advantages of SDT. It can help them:
- Roll out new services via a unified architecture that simplifies management.
- Enhance revenue flows by moving away from one-off sales toward full lifecycle engagement.
- Improve customer experience, so the car brand ultimately forms part of a customer’s digital universe.
- Increase customer loyalty by up to 17% through transformation of customer relationships.
- Boost sustainability performance, for example by reducing waste in R&D processes.
… and much more.
The net result is simplicity for consumers and, for OEMs, control of complexity. This control is increasingly vital as the industry moves to more, and more efficient, EVs, as well as to autonomous vehicles and connected car services – all of which drive up complexity.
Accelerate the SDT journey
Currently, though, 60% of OEMs are still at the beginning of their SDT journey. Complemented by technical enablers such as AI, cloud, edge, and connected car solutions, three strategic pillars can help accelerate that journey:
- Put customers at the center of the SDT strategy, analyzing and optimizing every customer journey.
- Become fully software-enabled as an organization, moving toward a dynamic culture and building the capabilities to embrace agile methodologies.
- Deploy a “software house” delivery approach, for example developing software-defined vehicle architecture.
Find out more
To learn more about SDT and how to achieve it faster and more reliably with this three-pillar approach, please download our new document today.
In it, you can also read about the Capgemini software maturity assessment, designed to help OEMs determine and prioritize their transformation roadmap.
Download for free: