Whether you are beginning your journey and wondering where to start, need to remove the pain of personal and sensitive data discovery and data proliferation risks or help with an end to end program of GDPR readiness, we offer a range of services to help.
Organisations processing personal data after May 2018 will be held more accountable for their data collection and use than ever before. So this provides companies with the opportunity to develop a much better understanding of their data landscape and how to use it to their strategic advantage.
The potential fines have been well publicised but what has been less well publicised are some of the must dos in terms of process and documentation that can also bring significant fines.
- The right to be forgotten is well known, a deadline of 72 hours to notify all relevant authorities and the affected data subject perhaps less so.
- But what about keeping a record of processing activity and conducting data protection impact assessments where failure to comply can result in significant penalties?
Compliance will not be a one off activity for May 2018 but an ongoing activity. As a first step organisations need to understand exactly what data they have, how it proliferates and who’s using it. They must be able to restrict its use to tasks for which consent has been given.
The Challenges are Complex and Real
GDPR has attracted much attention and the key challenges for most organisations are:
- Lack of Awareness: many companies are simply not aware of the full extent of the potential impact on their business of not being compliant – that this is more than protecting data
- Data: many enterprises have limited understanding of the personal data held; what they hold, where it is located; what permissions are held, who uses the data and why
- “Security and Privacy by Design” concept requires new processes, practices and responsibilities
- Complexity: many companies are unsure of what next steps to take, and whether they have the right change skills and technology solutions
With a clear deadline in sight, organisations need to start addressing these challenges.
Protect Personal Data for Competitiveness
Sogeti can work with you to help you minimise your risk of non-compliance, but also use this regulation as an opportunity to maximise your customers’ trust and, beyond compliance, create a true competitive advantage. Together with our sister company, Capgemini, we have the end-to-end consulting, organisational and technical skills, plus the frameworks to help you meet these aims.
Our clear approach to GDPR takes the complexity away and provides a clear roadmap for meeting GDPR requirements:
- Our GDPR Readiness Assessment will enable you to evaluate all of your current information systems containing personal data
- Our Data Discovery services will help to find customer and/or personal data - both structured and unstructured; not just to meet the immediate GDPR needs, but to help you understand the dimensions of your customer interaction and develop a GDPR roadmap
- Data and Security Remediation Services: once there’s a clear understanding of the GDPR data landscape, we can prioritise the specific areas of concern. We also assess possible issues around third party data providers and cloud brokering services
- Steady State: once achieved, you are in the best possible position to leverage the enhanced customer relationship
We Can Help at Every Step of your GDPR Journey
To sustain GDPR compliance for the long term, organisations must look beyond just the legal aspects to embrace the practical implications as well. This demands a global partner who can manage the entire chain of trust from advisory services to solutions implementation. We are that trusted partner.
- We offer an end-to-end solution offering, from assessment to remediation, that can be delivered around the world
- We have extensive experience in managing and implementing data governance and MDM outside GDPR. The principles are the same. The Capgemini Group can provide the surety that our clients need
- We have years of experience in deep organisation transformation and the proven methodologies for assessment and change management taking your key stakeholders on the journey
- We have data management and security professionals with real expertise in Data Integration, Big Data, BI and Data Warehousing, Data Science, Analytics, and Visualization
- We have long term, award winning partnerships with highly relevant tool vendors including IBM, SAS, Usoft, Informatica and Oracle
Embrace the Opportunity that GDPR Offers
Contact us to find out more about how we can help you meet your GDPR requirements, not just by May 2018 but also to help you sustain better data governance and customer relationships over the the longer term.